1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

Short Story Series

Discussion in 'In-Character Area' started by Lawlman, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Lawlman

Lawlman Zarya's Bitch
    Benefactor

Ratings:
    +139 / 7 / -0
    OOC

I have decided, mostly out of boredom, that I will be writing short stories placed in the Half Life universe. There is a large catch though.

Every story will be based off of songs from The Last of Us soundtrack, each and every one. All the songs on there convey many different emotions and feelings, as well as potential for writing music. For example, I have one story currently in the planning phase that is totally based off of the official different versions of the theme song for The Last of Us.

This will not be the first story to be written though, I will do them in a random order, and I may not even get through the entirety of the soundtrack. (There's a few dozen songs, that's a lot of fucking stories.)

If any of you have story ideas, or character ideas to incorporate into many of these short stories, please PM me with all of the details you can think of for the plot/setting, or the character.

Here are some of the ideas I currently have on the table that may or may not ever be written.

THE LAST OF US

A platoon of roughly 30 rebels stationed in Seattle, Washington are forced out of the city during the global uprising, defeated horribly by the CCA and COTA alike. Nearly the entire resistance forces in the area are dead or M.I.A. And their supply lines nearly cut off entirely. This story would follow the platoon through their retreats, defeats, and even victories as they suffer through the hardships of the war.

THE CHOICE
    This story would follow the events of a National Guard soldier and their battalion tasked with re-taking back a key part of the city on the east coast of the U.S. during the portal storm catastrophes. This city is still undetermined, but it will most likely be Richmond, the capital of Virginia. The story will mainly revolve around the choices people make, and how it can effect others around them.

(SMU)GGLERS

A story about how a band of vigilantes use their relations with the Universal Union to smuggle contraband in and out of the city for a hefty sum of credits and other loot. Located in City 17.

INFECTED
    A rebel is out scavenging for supplies in the out-lands, specifically in a heavily forested area. Bandits attack this rebel for their equipment, and whatever else they have on them. It becomes a game of cat and mouse when the rebel learns that these bandits are not just out for knives and guns, they are out for blood and flesh.

THE WAY IT WAS

A suicidal woman/man recalls the events that took place during the portal storms and the seven hour war, and considers taking their own life. Living a life inside the city walls was mundane, full of sorrow, and barely any hope to be had.

BREATHLESS
    A murder of a CCA officer sparks a chain of events that lead to the beginning of a revolt within City 26, this while be a compilation of very short stories about the CCA officers, citizens, and the rebels alike and how they experienced the revolt. And the hardships that they went through.

If anyone could provide any more recommendations, ideas, forms of music and audio that could offer inspiration, or characters that could be included(Those 30 characters in the first story? Yes, they will all be fleshed out with names, stories, and appearances. No matter if they live, die, or are barely mentioned.)

Thank you.

Side note: Here is a playlist with every song on The Last of Us soundtrack.

(You'll have to actually go to youtube though to listen to more than this first song.)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lawlman

Lawlman Zarya's Bitch
    Benefactor

Ratings:
    +139 / 7 / -0
    Another story idea I had, here it is.

ALL GONE
    The freezing cold is harsh, especially in the mountains of Russia. This is the tale of a woman who is tasked with getting a truck full of supplies to a rebel outpost. She must travel day and night, low on gas, low on food, and low on hope, she endures the struggles and obstacles of the frozen tundra. This will be a small series of short stories.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lemon Juice

Lemon Juice Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    c r i n g e

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lawlman

Lawlman Zarya's Bitch
    Benefactor

Ratings:
    +139 / 7 / -0
    Thank you for the totally constructive criticism .

• Like Like x 2
  5. raklo

raklo Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -3
    All of these ideas are nice, realistic as well. I look forward to more content.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lemon Juice

Lemon Juice Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    hold on i got a better story just give me time to write it.

7. Lemon Juice

Lemon Juice Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    -snip- (i can't do this to myself)

8. Lawlman

Lawlman Zarya's Bitch
    Benefactor

Ratings:
    +139 / 7 / -0
    Just a reminder, I'm also taking character suggestions and plot ideas. I didn't cover the entire soundtrack, so if you wish, just look up one of the songs not mentioned here and come up with something if you wish to.

9. Pricken

Pricken Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 2 / -1
    Pretty good, I would make suggestions but I'm not very creative.