1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

Notice of Closure

Discussion in 'Old Announcements' started by Fooz, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fooz

Fooz Community Manager
    Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 57 / -20
    [​IMG]

Good morning,

It is with a very heavy heart that we here at the CC-Revival Staff team must announce that after two years, we will finally be shutting down the community for good.

While the discord and steam group will stay up as a sort of monument, all servers headed by the staff of CC-Revival, including SM2, will or have already been shut down, and there will be no further servers under the CC-Revival banner. The forums will be up for now, but will later also be shut down.

The reasons as to why we're shutting down can be summed up as a lack of resources, a severe lack of funds, and an overall lack of interest from our staff members, something which has been plaguing the community for a while now.

Regardless, we have tried our hardest to bring this community fun, interesting servers and experiences for everyone to enjoy. Some might say that we changed the way CC was played, with our constant overhauls and reworks of the gamemode. We always aspired for more and continued pushing boundaries. In the end, we accomplished what we set out to do: We revived CC.

Although many of us will go (or have already gone) our separate ways, we here at the CC-R Staff team hold each member dear to our hearts, and the memories and bonds we all shared together on these servers will forever live on.

Thank you, all of you, whether you are an esteemed member of the community or an occasional visitor, you people are what made this community great.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to leave them below or direct them to the CC-R discord.

CC-R Steam Group:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ccrevival

CC-R Discord:

https://discord.gg/tzcarYC

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Halo Halo x 3
  2. Dfrozen

Dfrozen Nothing to see here.
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +128 / 15 / -12
    It was a good ride everyone. This has definitely been the best community I've ever been apart of, and even if we were on a low player count, administration did a fantastic job at keeping the community well entertained with whatever resources they could have used. Though it is definitely a big shame that this will be the end, the last candle will need to be blown one day.

Thanks for all the laughs and good times from the community, and mostly, Fooz and the staff for all your hard work.

Best of luck to everyone's future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Halo Halo x 1
  3. awesomeguy002

Senior Administrator

Ratings:
    +537 / 26 / -5

• Like Like x 1
  4. awesomeguy002

Senior Administrator

Ratings:
    +537 / 26 / -5

1548666798973.png
    Here is my assets from SM. I feel like after all the time and effort we put into SM, it would be a waste if you guys didn't get the chance to at least get to see what it could have been.

Here are the mutant notes we had planned to add, too. And the associated main quests (Unfinished, unfortunately not a Work in Progress anymore). If you couldn't scrape together the lore from the notes there, we had effectively planned to have the Metro's mutants and anomalies caused by both radiation and the 'taint' spread by the Boltzmann Brains, who had many mutants interlinked in a telepathic hivemind (The commanders being the Burnt Men and Infiltrators the Hivemen). One of these Hivemen were The Oracle (And by extension - the Sympies). That Vassal guy? Also a Hiveman. The main plot was a slow descent into madness as the player slowly discovered the truth behind the Metro's anomalies. There'd be many choices, lots of exploration. It would have been (from a narrative point of view at least) pretty good, I just didn't get the time to flesh it out and add all the detail.

It's just a shame how it had to be this way, but we had a damn good run. I've never really been in any online Community like this before, so I'm glad that out of my limited experience I managed to find this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. HardHat

HardHat CC-R’s A.I.
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +392 / 25 / -9
    It’s been a real fun ride everyone, I got here a little after nuclear winter because one of our great admins Jayden. Really this community helped me lay back from roleplay and have a fun time, getting to meet all these wonderful people I wouldn’t have met anywhere else. Stay safe and see you guys around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Halo Halo x 1
  6. mattcos

mattcos HERBBB SAMSONNN

Ratings:
    +1,003 / 59 / -62
    This was long overdue but I'ma miss it either way. Only thing left to do now is get all the good stuff of the forums before they scuttle it. Onto the next off-shoot, reboot, or revival boys. See you there.
    [​IMG]

• Halo Halo x 1
  7. Knrboys⇋HG⇌

Ratings:
    +45 / 6 / -6

I’ve spent two year with you guys. SRP,In2,Second Dawn,Ascension. I don’t know where I would be without this community but I only feel sad and disappointed that it wasn’t able to survive its nobodys fault money’s tough. I’m gonna miss every one of you. The day I joined this community on SRP I though I was going to just get a gun and minge but while I played further I didn’t get a gun but more and more addicted to the server by the time I got a gun I wouldn’t even had though about minging. 2 Years with this Community but I dont regret it I have wonderful memories from those 2 years I won’t forget the fun I’ve had with you guys.

Maybe the community will come back with funding but until then I will miss you guys I’ll still be in the discord and threads.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Halo Halo x 1
  8. Dfrozen

Dfrozen Nothing to see here.
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +128 / 15 / -12
    @Fooz in the unlikely event that enough money is gotten in the future, will the server ever come back? The discord will still be up so I can see an announcement happening on there, but only if this were ever to happen.

9. Strategic

Strategic Sicko Mode
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +1,058 / 60 / -28
    CCR’s coffin is nailed, son. No amount of funds will reanimate the corpse.

10. Alpha

Alpha The World Has Changed
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +310 / 20 / -19
    high tech low life

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jimmy the edgy guy

Jimmy the edgy guy The comunity brit

Ratings:
    +237 / 8 / -8
    Honestly i joined this server because i wasn't able to pass the cc.com quiz, i had never played half life 2 before then, barely understood the lore but still i stayed around, i've seen gamemodes that i didn't know were possible with gmod, in2, stalker rp and hell even the clothing system i was amazed by it from a dark rp players view, i think that this server will be remembered if not by the combine control gamemode then by us, i never thought that combine control comunitys lasted more then a few months, and i never thought i could have been apart of a community this good or one that i would be this upset about shutting down, thank you CC revival.

• Halo Halo x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sonicluke8

Sonicluke8 Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 9 / -3
    This makes me sad, But I hope we can all stay in contact through discord and steam. Good luck ya guys. I hope that if we can't be a server community, We can still be a community of friends.

#12 Sonicluke8, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Halo Halo x 2
  13. Trashman

Trashman Rubbish Nigga

Ratings:
    +58 / 7 / -13
    Everyone migrate to TnB. We'll destroy them from the inside and take them down with us.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Halo Halo x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Bumblebee Seeds

Bumblebee Seeds God's Mistake
    Senior Administrator ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +157 / 1 / -1
    Hail rebel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Fooz

Fooz Community Manager
    Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 57 / -20
    Discord will always be up if you ever want to use it as a medium to play games with others.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mattcos

mattcos HERBBB SAMSONNN

Ratings:
    +1,003 / 59 / -62
    Friends don't let friends invade greece. Do the right thing italy. Invade france.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Frisco Guy

Frisco Guy Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 27 / -17
    CC-Revival was probably the best community I had ever been involved in. I feel like I made feel connections with a lot of players here RP or otherwise. CCR has died and come back a few times, but I feel like this will be the last time. Love you guys. I will probably be on occasionally on whatever servers remain from TnB or otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sonicluke8

Sonicluke8 Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 9 / -3
    I couldn't pass the quiz either lel. That's why I joined CCR too.

19. Jackson

Jackson The bottom of the food chain

Ratings:
    +365 / 29 / -19
    CCR is hands down the best community I've ever been apart of. In a endless see servers filled with bad memes, horrific player bases and endless amounts of crap CCR was the shining gem in this crap filled sea. Sad to see it go but happy it happened.

20. A Chinese Master Sergeant

A Chinese Master Sergeant why am i called akio

Ratings:
    +69 / 9 / -3
    It was amazing. I'll miss the times he had together with the memes and the heavy arguments about scripts.
    I'll miss it dearly

21. Sashlik King

Sashlik King DJ Hogan
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +133 / 6 / -15
    i love you all
    -sashlik king

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Binary

Binary Costco Employee
    ★ Creative Team ★ Contributor

Ratings:
    +147 / 12 / -33
    Feels bad man, Its nice knowing you gusy

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. VenyX

VenyX How do I uninstall Garry's Mod?
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +161 / 3 / -4
    Jeeze. And here I thought CCR was immortal. Damn.
    I guess i'll putt my say in.
    I've been around on CCR for quite some time. Two years, like the rest of these folk. I've had my bad times, good times, and even frustrating times. But that doesn't take away the fact that I made friends, had good experiences, and overall; Had fun! It's true, I didn't really enjoy SM, or any of the other gamemodes that came out. I was only really interesting in the HL2RP aspect of what the server really was originally about. That's what gave me the best experiences out there, and I had a blast.

CCR helped my overall mental health at the time I was playing it, due to what I was going through with my family, and after I got out of a situation I've been through. And it makes me incredibly happy that CCR was there.

But now, seeing it go--I just only wished I just interacted with this community more. I shouldn't of been so stubborn and only see CCR as a HL2RP community, and instead; Focus on what friends i've made in the community. My only regret is that I should've participated more.

But i've at least come back to say my final piece on this server. See you all next time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Linked_

Linked_ combine
    Developer

Ratings:
    +68 / 16 / -11
    im gonna miss this place
    see ya lads

25. CroMonster

CroMonster Newcomer

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    high tech low life

26. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +443 / 21 / -13
    Even though I wasn't here for the last part of its life, I love this server to death. I still remember the first times I played on the server. It has been a blast, and I'm thankful for everyone who made this community great. Even though its dying now, the fact that it lasted this long is an impressive freat. I'll miss all of you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +443 / 21 / -13
    rest easy, my red star comrades [​IMG]

28. Kontraxt

Kontraxt Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 4 / -4