1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

Important Half-Life: Warfront - New Gamemode

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fooz, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Fooz

Fooz Community Manager
    Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 64 / -24
    bannercompressedmore.gif

"Finally... change is in the air!"

Introducing...

depotgifx2.gif

The Labor Camp

The starting point for many partisans and combine loyalists alike. The labor camp serves as a homefront for the Combine forces, as well as a prison for the laborers inside. Many of the Combine's supplies are manufactured here, and then promptly exported through their logistical chain and utilized in the Warfront.

Characters may choose a path upon starting in the labor camp, the most common of those being to either escape or enlist under the Combine. Those unfortunate enough to be captured in the Warfront may find themselves back in the labor camp, or suffer worse fates depending on the severity of their crimes.

warfrontgifx3.gif
    The Warfront
    The heart of the raging war between the Resistance and Combine forces. The Warfront is a server which holds many objectives, resources, and most importantly:Combat. It is the middle ground between the Combine and Resistance bases/servers, meaning each side will work around the clock to maintain a logistical supply chain. They will:

Gather resources at the Warfront and bring it back to their base server. --> Manufacture the resources into supplies and equipment --> Send the supplies down the logistical chain into storage to be kept for later, or ship it directly back to the Warfront for immediate deployment into Combat.

The Warfront's map will change on a regular basis, dependent on the losses or successes of each individual side, the map will move either closer to the Citadel, or towards the home of the resistance: White Forest.

whiteforestgifx2.gif

White Forest

If you've made it this far, consider yourself to be among the most trusted ranks within the Resistance. White Forest is a vital staging and training point for Lambda; allowing for them to properly train, house their resources, and research new equipment to be deployed at the Warfront.

Much like how the Labor Camp works for the Combine, White Forest will function similarly, with the bulk of their supplies and equipment being manufactured here, and then shipped off to the Warfront. The only difference is that White Forest will be mostly threat-free, giving valuable breathing room to those who find themselves tired of the non-stop combat in the Warfront.

Q & A
    Q: How will this work?
    A: Half-Life Warfront will operate on a 3-server setup.

Prison Camp <—> Warfront <—> White Forest

Allowing for characters to be transferred between each of the servers by walking to a certain point on the map. Except some transfer points or servers may have an additional requirement, such as being a certain faction, or having a certain item.

Q: How roleplay intensive will this gamemode be?
    A: Our new gamemode will have a dual focus on roleplay, and combat. Players who wish to focus on Serious RP will have ample opportunity to do so (in the planning of raids, missions, and management of their faction, for example), while those who wish to get in a shootout whenever they come online will also have the capability. The server will have an overarching plotline that progresses the events and story, which will help involve all players.

Q: How much freedom will I have as a citizen/rebel in this gamemode?
    A: Unlike any of our past servers, if you are capable and willing, you will be able to personally craft and acquire rebel supplies that you can then use in combat against the opposing force. There will be a leading rebel group that drives the server plot forward, but you will still be able to create your own groups and pursue your own goals with more freedom than we've ever had in a server before.

Q: What will Combine do on this server?
    A: For players who wish to join the Combine-side of the war, you will be happy to hear that you'll play just as significant of a role in the server storyline and day-to-day happenings as the rebel faction. Your time as a Combine unit will be spent capturing and killing anti-citizens, fighting on the warfront, and operations-planning to wipe out the rebel forces.

Q: What will happen to the CC-R Singularity City server?
    A: It will be closed down, we are going to shift our focus onto this new project. The City may make a return, potentially in place of the Labor Camp, or expanded and added on as a 4th server. We just need to ensure that the Warfront operates effectively before we expand the scope any further, as a City adds a whole new layer of management and development needs.

Q: What about my characters?
    A: You're fully welcome to keep them, and we'll be working to incorporate previous characters and lore into this new server. Positions in factions and ranks will be retained to a degree. The Auditor will remain a shadowy figure in the background.

Community Notice
    Good evening, this announcement will be sent to both Half-Life: Wars and CC-Revival's discords. For those unaware, I have recently gained ownership over Half-Life: Wars - a fellow HL2 community. Their entire setup was based around a more Combat-oriented style server, set in the middle of a war between the Combine & Resistance.

We have since decided to close the Singularity CityRP server and collaborate with HL:W to create a this new project, aimed at fixing many of the issues faced in CityRP and serious RP in general. A lack of overall conflict and excitement as well as being restricted within the confines of a City with your character being the primary reasons for Singularities demise and staff burnouts.

This project will be a marriage between the two communities, and we will be working to make this transition as smooth as possible for everyone involved. A rebranding of CCR will likely occur in the near future, as we will be switching to a new gamemode, rendering the CCR name obsolete.

A thread dedicated to the discussion of this community merger will be created soon.

#1 Fooz, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Halo Halo x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Legacy

Legacy Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    New coomers, welcome to our RP

we also have russians

#2 Legacy, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Alpha

Alpha The World Has Changed

Ratings:
    +257 / 21 / -20
    this is great

how are pk's gonna be handled?

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Legacy

Legacy Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I recommend reading the rules.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Killoxa

Killoxa Newcomer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay so this is kinda like the game Foxhole

also are vortigaunts gonna be included?

On both sides as like an enslaved and drone vortigaunt and a free vort?

6. _Alpha_

_Alpha_ Newcomer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In HLW there are both enslaved and free vortigaunts. The enslaved ones were more so as janitors and din't do much while freed ones actively helped the resistance as a subfaction.

7. Legacy

Legacy Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    also if your character gets captured by the combine you will be stalkerized and lose that character and its progression, I really don't care if you think that's bad, cause that is what exactly what the combine would do if you ever seen Alyx explained what the combine do to citizens that resisted.

8. Panzer II

Panzer II Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -0
    I do support this idea, and I hope it will go as good as possible but...

Merging two drastically different gameplay styles taken from different communities isn't at least in my opinion good idea. Introducing S2K mechanics to the community which is used to S2RP/S2M might be pretty darn hard to achieve since we put skills of the player in the first place, not the character itself. I like the idea of three servers, it reminds me of the old days of CombineControl.com. But on the second hand, I am concerned about P2RP and P2W, since I am pretty sure it isn't going to be cheap. And also, what about former CWU's?

9. Legacy

Legacy Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    this server is mainly S2M if i'm correct, it would be darn hard to play S2M on a TDM server

10. Jayden

Jayden Berries and cream
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -15
    No, the server is S2K.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Legacy

Legacy Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i don't remember saying s2m, but good that it is S2k

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Lorax

The Lorax Newcomer
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that small engagements in the city or prison camps could be good s2m :))

13. mablightning

mablightning Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    I personally don't like the idea of bending over to a special snowflake who is ex super duper special delta forces or some other shit. Got ran over by a admin approved snowflake one time too many to like the idea of S2RP. I have never tried S2M. Does it have the same problems?

#13 mablightning, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  14. Panzer II

Panzer II Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -0
    Well, It's actually S2K but with forced missing.

15. mablightning

mablightning Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    I figured that much but where do you go from there? I mean, how does it evolve someone getting killed or injured? Do you stop intentionally missing your shots at a certain point? Does an admin dictate what happens?