1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Knife

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mattcos, Jul 17, 2020.

1. mattcos

mattcos HERBBB SAMSONNN

Ratings:
    +927 / 68 / -63
    Currently the knife (my favorite of all stabby implements) is complete garbage in it's range, attack speed, and damage. Especially when fighting zombies and antlions. Yes it is just a knife and somewhat low on the Melee weapon/power/price scale.

To avoid breaking the weapon power/price scale I would like for a Super Knife to be added. Matching or surpassing top melee weapons. Better ability against NPCs and better viability in S2K where 30 hits aren't required. You can keep the same model, Just new stats and name. Suggested price over 1000. I would also like to see enhancements of most other melee weapons.

I think this should be implemented because most other things have a progression. You want better/cooler clothes spend more money. You want want better/cooler guns spend more money. You want better/cooler melee weapons spend more money (Last I saw one melee item went for 800.)

So it's clear some things are intended to be valued higher than others on cool factor and stat factors. So buffing the current knife makes no sense unless all melee items are buffed. My suggestion would just add the Super Knife to the top of the scale.

#1 mattcos, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Sleeves

Sleeves Mr. Smiles
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Is this because you couldn't take on the antlion cave with your knife last night? Antlions were buffed recently to prevent lone wolf looting runs. On other NPCs melee weapons are still fairly strong.

Instead of one turbo strong weapon why dont we buff melee weapons as a whole a little?

3. mattcos

mattcos HERBBB SAMSONNN

Ratings:
    +927 / 68 / -63
    I'm not going to get into the subject of a broad melee buff too much but here are my thoughts. Weapon Progression. It seems that there is intended a weapon progression system. You start with weak ones and advance to strong ones, I've just noticed the strong ones aren't very strong and the weak ones are very weak. So since I personally like the knife I would like to see a stronger knife to make melee more viable - would a melee buff across the board achieve this? Maybe. I just don't have a solution for melee buffs across the board so I'm not going to suggest those.

#3 mattcos, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  4. Matt

Matt The Slav Man

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    the suppa knife

5. Trashman

Trashman Rubbish Nigga
    Benefactor

Ratings:
    +135 / 23 / -25