1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn Character Applications

Discussion in 'The Resistance' started by Strategic, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Strategic

Strategic Sicko Mode
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +1,030 / 60 / -28
    For those that missed the first set of applications, or for those wanting to apply for those wanting to apply for a different set of gear, use this format to apply for starting gear for your character.

Steam Name:

Character Name:

Ethnicity:

Why did you character join the Dawn?:

How does your character feel about this last mission?:

Starting Gear:

2. mattcos

mattcos HERBBB SAMSONNN

Ratings:
    +1,001 / 59 / -62
    Steam Name: Frog blast the vent core

Character Name:
    Alice Boswell

Ethnicity:
    Caucasian

Joined the Nargodians because their international resources would help him and his people continue the fight.

A combine base in the carpathian mountains? Déjà vu!

Starting Gear: Molle vest, M4 carbine with M203, I37 pump, M9.

Approved

#2 mattcos, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Norway Duck

Norway Duck Newcomer

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Steam Name: Norway Duck

Character Name: Kreg Dornan

Ethnicity: Scandinavian (Norwegian)

Why did you character join the Dawn?: A civil protection officer with no where else to go, joining up with fairly crap rebel group.

How does your character feel about this last mission?: He is skeptical of the entire mission, as seeing City-17 his former place of work made him even more disillusioned with the resistance, not combine was right thing, but how much bloodshed was caused. He believes that the Trans-humans will end up betraying the team as they were once non human, and probably killed dozens of people.... maybe.

Starting Equipment:
    -Dufflbag
    -Two flashbangs
    -A heavily modified MP7
    - AKM
    -Rebel Civil Protection armor (And the debug tool)
    -Stale cookies winter gave him.
    -Duel Glocks

- Stunstick

Accepted. See below.

#3 Norway Duck, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Strategic

Strategic Sicko Mode
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +1,030 / 60 / -28
    I should clarify. By "this last" mission, I'm referring to the mission that the Dawn are currently embarking on, and how some view this as a suicide mission -- not the island stop.

5. Norway Duck

Norway Duck Newcomer

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Alright. I assumed it was the island stop because last means a mission in the past. I will edit it. Plus I misread this as the

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dfrozen

Dfrozen Nothing to see here.
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +131 / 15 / -12
    Steam Name: Dragontamer

Character Name: Jacob Shepherd

Ethnicity: White

See last character app, but long story short, the Dawn members saved him and he's been with them ever since.

How does your character feel about this last mission?: He sees the mission as a suicidal mission, even more than before because now the combine know about their plan. He doesn't want the Dawn to fall apart, but after being informed by a trustworthy ally that they must do this mission, he knows that he must do it with the Dawn. Even though this may be the last stand of the Dawn, and a lot of his friends might die, he's still determined to do it.

Starting Gear: Everything from last app, only the rebel vest being replaced with a normal shirt. All extended inventory weight items, the M4a1 with shotgun underneath and holo-sight, and a Mossberg and regular HL2 shotgun (both for damage testing, most likely will destroy both). 15 rockets, machete removed, along with the ithaca, and a flare gun.
    Approved.

#6 Dfrozen, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lambda Coyote

Lambda Coyote Certified Paragon

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Character Name: Milo Sokolovich

Ethnicity: Russian

Why did you character join the Dawn?: A trained insurgent Marksman turned from his past, once a fugitive who was taken in by the Dawn. He has no where else to turn, and is proud to be in its service.

How does your character feel about this last mission?: While having sympathies towards both humanity and Dawn, he also seeks to make a reputation for himself. Thus why he volunteered for this mission.

Starting Gear: Molle Vest, backpack, scoped SKS, m9. (I’m not familiar with the items completely so bear with me please.)

Approved, check your gear.

#7 Lambda Coyote, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Knrboys⇋HG⇌

Ratings:
    +45 / 6 / -6
    Steam Name:Knrboy

Character Name:James Smith

Ethnicity:Caucasian, American

Why did you character join the Dawn?:James Smith joined the dawn after meeting them back in the US, he hopes sticking with the dawn will take him back home to “Lubbock” Texas where ever that is, but he has gotten sidetracked and sticked with the dawn somehow he’s on an Island preparing for a suicide mission, but he’s here for the final mission.

How does your character feel about this last mission?: James try’s not to show much emotion about this mission while with the members of Dawn to try and preserve the moral, but deep down all he can feel in a growing looming sense of dread, and fear what will happen to him and dawn in this last mission?

Starting Gear:Backpack, Trenchcoat, rebel pants, Stunstick, Revolver, Mofigured m4a1, (basically everything else from my last app that isn’t listed)

Approved.

#8 Knrboys⇋HG⇌, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MetroCop517

MetroCop517 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Steam Name: bcruze7

Character Name: Aaron Lance

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Why did you character join the Dawn?: Aaron had served his time as a Civil Protection unit so much that the job had become a part of who he was as a person. But times changed. When the opportunity finally came to interact and work with members of the New Dawn to survive, he found himself sympathetic to the cause. When conflict once again broke out between the New Dawn and the Combine forces, he surprised even himself at his change of loyalty. Despite joining the fight against the Combine, he never could completely let go of his old self he had built as a unit. It was who he had become. He proved this during the battle at the Dawn Bunker when he continued to wear his Civil Protection uniform in his fight against the Combine as he stood with resistance forces. The new world would still need a sense of law and order. He believed he would fill that purpose if the time ever did come.

How does your character feel about this last mission?: The mission is still just a mission. He is ready to stand bold and speak with confidence to inspire those around him of their upcoming victory. Aaron's view of the Dawn had changed into a positive light during Armageddon and his actions during the Battle of Haven had solidified his stance by their side. He is ready to stand by the Dawn until the end no matter the danger. Only known to himself behind his mask, he is filled with concern. How many will have to die to see the completion of this mission is the question that repeats in his mind.

Starting Gear: M24 and P90 Spec-ops plus gear from last app. (I will gladly trade in my DMR and MP7 from last app so I'm not a walking arsenal.)

Approved. We will replace your DMR and MP7 with the two weapons in question.

#9 MetroCop517, Sep 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jimmy the edgy guy

Jimmy the edgy guy The comunity brit

Ratings:
    +237 / 8 / -8
    Steam Name: Dusk

Character Name: John 'America' Smith

Ethnicity: American

Why did you character join the Dawn?: To save american

How does your character feel about this last mission?: Its not in america

Starting Gear: Rpg launcher, revolver, cp vest, gasmask, beanie, shotgun, giant american flag.

Approved.

#10 Jimmy the edgy guy, Sep 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Strategic

Strategic Sicko Mode
    Contributor

Ratings:
    +1,030 / 60 / -28
    REMINDER!

Make a character application before the event and you can start with pretty much whatever gear you want outside of pulse weaponry!

Once the event goes live it'll be too late to ask!

12. Kimiko Steele

Kimiko Steele Newcomer

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Steam Name: AcidGuerillas

Character Name: Kimiko Steele

Ethnicity: Russian-Japanese

Just another front striking against the Combine in a struggle spanning decades now. Another organized movement for a skilled partisan to fight with.

The blow struck to the Combine have created a global collapse like no other. What few cities and areas of civilization within the Combine's shrinking circle of power probably have her marked for death as an anti citizen, and the war has been raging on for so long that it's all she's used to. Going from woodland partisan fronts to urbanite guerrillas and barricade fighters till each eventually stopped fighting and established territory or fell apart and dwindled. Kimiko had spent too long in this that she wouldn't ever dream of giving it all up and settling down. It was all she ever knew and felt accustomed to.

Starting Gear:
    Clothing:
    Armored trench coat, CP pants, gloves, beanie, bandana, gas mask, winter jacket
    Weaponry: Machete, combat knife, SKS with scope, M16A4, dual glock 17, molotov (flashbang is okay),
    Supplies: Duffle bag, 2 cans of baked beans, 2 medkits, 1 medigel, antlion stew, 3 cans of purified water, tea pot, zip ties.

(I'll take a couple things off if it's too much so I don't look OP but to be fair at the end of the last events I had about just as much.)

Accepted.

#12 Kimiko Steele, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zenith

Zenith Newcomer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Steam Name: Zen

Character Name: Jefferson L. Wong

Ethnicity: Chinese-American

Anything to do to inflict damage to the combine. Join a group that opposes combine will work. Going solo to oppose the combine won't work so being in the aid of others to help is also a benefit. He just needs to adjust to the group environment.

How does your character feel about this last mission?: He doesn't seek out for the world after anymore. What he went through won't change his view on the combine. He simply doesn't care if he dies or if he lives, as long as he lives to fight, he'd gladly fight for the Dawn Coalition.

Starting Gear: An Industrial suit (Gasmask & IC substance proof suit), a torn-up two piece suit, Molotov Cocktails, Molle, Scoped Mosin Nagant, Hatchet, AK12, CWU Outfit/Change of Clothing, Some Loyalist Tier Rations and Medkits. (IC High-Tier CWU card would be in the folds of the suit)

Additional Info: I'm starting this 2nd char if that would be fine, the reason for this is because I don't feel like I should've brought in the character I applied for, I don't think he benefits in RP any way that would just simply be away from others except S2k. He'd just be a bother to others. I don't even RP him for who he's supposed to be or act as well, so this character I'm applying for would be easier for me to RP as.

Accepted.

#13 Zenith, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1