1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

Civil Protection is not truly anonymous

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gyran, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Gyran

Gyran Gyran
    Lore Team

Ratings:
    +66 / 14 / -5
    I personally don't find cps having their digits and rank written on armband and exposed to everybody a good thing.
    The point of their masks is to make them anonymous, but this point is nullified by their armbands, which make them very easily recognizable by civilians who can easily remember the first one or two digits.
    This issue puts every single unit in danger, rebels will know who to kill first, personal revenges will happen to units who are more disliked by the polulace.

I think this goes against the combine civil protection doctrine, which I believe is full anonymity

[​IMG]
    (The canonic civil protection armband has C17:i7 written on it. I presume C17 stands as city 17 and i4 as maybe a specific section or precint of the city. No rank or ID is shown because it would make the mask pretty much useless if you think about it.)

In short. I think units names should be hidden to civilians and simply changed to something along the lines of "A masked individual" or "An anonymous unit".

#1 Gyran, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Mossay

Mossay Newcomer

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -4
    They are anonymous, that's what their mask does (but I get what you mean). Plus I mean, units kinda need it to identify eachother since they have no special ID hud or whatnot. (Makes it hella easy to impersonate a unit too if you get their suit and armband.)

3. mattcos

mattcos HERBBB SAMSONNN

Ratings:
    +915 / 66 / -62
    You are anonymous. Your off-duty ID is hidden. Your on duty ID is not important. What you really need to be worried about is someone finding out where you live, what you look like, and your off-duty ID. That's a dire situation. I won't speak much on this whole thing but if rebels are to be held accountable for their actions it is fair that cops are as well with their visible armband.
    For game play, role play, and murder-y reasons I disagree with this opinion.

4. Drewerth

Drewerth breen is a 4head
    Developer Lore Team

Ratings:
    +51 / 4 / -2
    their armbands are different from their IDs for this reason

if actually taken every step to ensure that their anonymity is solely the result of their actions

5. Sashlik King

Sashlik King DJ Hogan

Ratings:
    +133 / 6 / -15
    was thinking that maybe the devs could add a cca hud display for units that only shows another unit's id numbers, can be later tweaked to show radio logs and the overwatch ai code or something

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. zoid

zoid Member
    Administrator Lore Team

Ratings:
    +66 / 2 / -0
    Rank and division is not so much needed on armbands as the digits are. I believe it doesn’t give any hint to a person’s civilian identity. Here’s how I role play it, a line from my description, perhaps this is a good way to standardize it.

He wears an armband with “c17:UNiT” in big bold letters and “86000” in slightly smaller text below it.

I do disagree however on having units be completely and totally indescribable. In loyalist RP or day to day operations, being able to identify units is useful. It’s not compromising identity. If someone goes after a unit for them doing something to them, perhaps setting up an ambush, by recognizing their armband I believe that only encourages further RP. Yet again though, it does not compromise their civilian identity and that is what it aims to do.