1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

A Radio "Drama"

Discussion in 'In-Character Area' started by doggoh, May 2, 2017.

1. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +446 / 21 / -14
    //So, I wanted to make a radio station post in the IC forums, then I realized I would be "copying" another thread. Instead I thought of a new idea- a 50's inspired superhero radio show, starring our favorite 50's styled hero: Detective Clancy Darryl Valentine!\\

While switching through channels, you just so happen to find one playing playing various Frank Sinatra songs. The musics rather enjoyable, so you listen to it a while. After about two songs, the music ends. It begins to play a slow, quiet, and dramatic violin, with a deep voiced man speaking over it:

"Lurking in the shadows is a man- a man determined to end crime on the streets. That mans name is Valentine- Clancy Darryl Valentine!"

The violins sound grows as the man spoke, before suddenly stopping with the end of his speech. After a moment, the same man speaks again. The sound of cars and city life is heard behind him.

"The year is 1952, on the streets of Boston. We are currently in the back of a pub, and various shady men are gambling. One of these men is 'Snips'- A henchman to the notorious gangster, 'Edward McDonigan'."

A new man speaks in a thick Bostonian accent, clearly the previously mentioned 'Snips'. Two other men speak in the scene, both with gruff voices.

Snips: "Comooon, you're a cheat! You know what I do to cheats, fella? I give em da' snips!"

The sound of scissors snipping is briefly heard, showing that Snips is possibly threatening the man with them.

Goon 1: "I ain't no cheat, Snips. I won fair and square."

Goon 2: "I'm with snips here, pal. No way you can be 'dat good at cards."

Snips: "LETS GIVE EM DA SNIPS!"

The sound of frantic scissor snipping is heard, accompanied by the shuffling of chairs. The sounds are swiftly cut off by a heroic voice with a New Yorkern accent. It's clearly the protagonist: Clancy

Clancy: "I beg to differ, Snips! Your reign of terrors gone on too long!"

The sounds of fighting is heard: punching, glass breaking, bone cracks, and grunts. The disgruntled voice of Snips then follows.

Snips: "C'moooooon- *Groan* -You really had to go and ruin my game, Clancy? How- *Grunt*- Rude...."

Clancy: "I'm not here to ruin games Snips- I need info that YOU have. You tell me where McDonnigan is, and I'll let you get back to your card game....If you don't..."

The sound of a gun being cocked is heard, Snips speaks frantically.

Snips: "He's at da' warehouse, down da' a-a-a-alley on Browning Street!"

Clancy: "Thanks for your cooperation, bud"

A loud punching noise is heard, swiftly followed by a grunt from Snips. The sound of a body hitting the floor occurs soon after, then footsteps moving away from the scene- Apparently Clancy punched the man unconscious, then left the bar.

The ambient sounds of a office room are heard: Type writers, light chatter, phones ringing...We hear footsteps, then a door open. The door is closed, and the ambience quiets a bit.

Clancy: "You called me, Chief?"

It's soon apparent that he's in the police station, talking to the chief of police.

Chief: "Yeaaah, I called'ja...I need to tell you bout somethin....You're a damn good detective, but you're a loose canon- Punching people up in the middle of a bar? Really? So from this point on, I'm assigning you a partner."

Clancy: "I made it VERY clear that I work alone, Chief."

Chief: "Well it's either dat, or you're fired!"

Clancy: "I'm not fired- I'm off the case."

The sound of something slamming down on a desk is heard- Clearly his badge. The sound is then followed by the sound of feet storming out of the office.

City life is heard again, showing that Clancy is now walking on the streets.

Clancy: "Pfft, I don't need em- I'll take down McDonnigan myself."

The deep voice from the intro is then heard again, giving some context.

Narrator: "Clancy is now outside the warehouse, after walking all the way to it. He's armed with a revolver and a shotgun."

The sound of a door swiftly opening is heard, followed by the firing of two shotgun shots. Two grunts accompany the shots. Afterwards, the sound of MANY footsteps is heard. The shuffling of guns accompanies the sound, and the footsteps cease. A man with a thick New York accent is heard, having the stereotypical 'fat guy' voice. A slow tune begins to play, easily recognizable as The Godfather theme song. It becomes apparent that this man is McDonnigan.

McDonnigan: "How dare you, Clancy...You come BREAK into my home, shoot my men...You have disrespected ME. You have disrespected MY name. You have disrespected those two dead men. Now...You will pay for your rude behavior, Clancy."

The audio then stops, the Narrator speaks after a moment of silence.

Narrator: "Will Clancy make it out of this sticky situation? Will he defeat the Mob? Tune in next week to find out!"

The channel goes silent, before the calming Sinatra plays again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr. Attacus

Mr. Attacus Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 4 / -8
    I wanna make something like this.

3. Strategic

Strategic Sicko Mode
    Senior Administrator

Ratings:
    +955 / 63 / -30
    Beautiful

4. Sir Derpy Penguin

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Cliff hanger. Even after Earth is taken over they still remain. Talk about a cockroach.

• Like Like x 1
  5. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +446 / 21 / -14
    The Frank Sinatra pauses, and the station remains silent for a second. Someone clears their throat, then speaks. His voice is easily recognized as Clancy's.

"Sorry 'bout da pause, fella's. Dis ain't a teaser for the next episode, by da' way- I just wanted to address somethin'. Ta' Miss "Alice": I ain't got no beef with ya, because everyone knows who tha' REAL detective is around here. Though if you want to start some beef, be my guest- I'll have ya' know I graduated top of my class in the New York Police Academy. And just a sidenote: If you eva' play Sinatra on dat channel of yours again, I ain't gunna be happy. I just got a whole buncha' fellas come up to my door earlier wearing leatha' jackets claiming to be a gang called the "Sewa' Crabs." They got all upset saying 'dat my show never ended up playing after the Sinatra. It took me almost an hour to get the fact that it wasn't my channel through their thick skulls- thanks a lot, miss."

The audio then pauses a moment, before going back to the familiar voice of Frank Sinatra.

6. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +446 / 21 / -14
    Frank Sinatra pauses. The channel goes deadly silent. A man speaks up- his voice is recognizable as Shortstack, leader of the Sewer Crabs.

"There's been an incident...." The man sniffles, "Clancy has passed...Oh god, it feels like he only just came into our world yesterday! We'll miss ya, Clancy...You were the coolest cat in town, daddy-o...God bless you."

The music transitions to sad songs by the Ink Spots, as a tribute to Clancy's unfortunate death.

7. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +446 / 21 / -14
    I swear to god if anyone says Clancy is based on Nick again just because I put ink spots songs on the radio I swear I will find an IC reason to PK you.

8. Jimmy the edgy guy

Jimmy the edgy guy The comunity brit

Ratings:
    +219 / 8 / -8
    Isn't nick from fallout? And clancys better.

9. Sir Derpy Penguin

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Fallout 4. Nick Valentine might be what they use is that last name.

10. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +446 / 21 / -14
    The ink spots stops, and the Clancy Valentine intro plays,

Narrator: "Lurking in the shadows is a man- a man determined to end crime on the streets. That mans name is Valentine- Clancy Darryl Valentine!"

Narrator: "Last time on Valentines adventures, he was surrounded by McDonnigans gang in a warehouse! Will he make it out? Find that out this episode!"

McDonnigan: "How dare you, Clancy...You come BREAK into my home, shoot my men...You have disrespected ME. You have disrespected MY name. You have disrespected those two dead men. Now...You will pay for your rude behavior, Clancy."

Gunfire sounds emmit from the radio, but not the sounds of tommy-guns- it's the sound of shotguns. A Russian voice blares out,

Russian: "Leave my comrade alone!"

McDonnigan speaks fearfully,

McDonnigan: "Its da' Red Star! SKIDDADLE!"

The sound of fleeing footsteps follows, and Clancy let's out an audible sigh.

Clancy: "Dat was a close one...Thanks Artoym- Thanks Kazimir- Thanks Blue."

Artoym: "Your welcome."

Kazimir: "Da."

Blue: "Gotcha."

The sound of sirens and car engines draw near to their location.

Clancy: "Dis is gunna be a hell of a lotta paperwork..."

Artoym, Kazimir, and Blue chuckle.

A light jingle plays to signify a scene change.

The sounds of office work plays again- typewriters, scribbling on paper, light chatter- they must be in the Chiefs office again. Sure enough, they are.

Chief: "I'm sorry for my breakout, Clancy- I was wrong. You MAY be a loose cannon, but god damnit- you're the best cop on the force."

Clancy: "Thanks, Chief- but I'd like some partners now. Blue, Artoym, and Kazimir. This ain't the first time they've saved me."

The chief sighs, then speaks,

Chief: "They ain't cops, and they ARE commies... but I'll make an exception for ya...You'll need their help for fighting McDonni-"

Suddenly, gunfire bursts out. Screams and the scattering of paper follows.

McDonnigan: "You killed my men Clancy, now I'll kill yours! See you in hell!"

His footsteps are heard as he flees the building, and the sound of a fire bursting out follows.

Chief: "Christ! He set fire to the station!"

Artoym: "He is getting away!"

The sound of a car zooming off emits.

Clancy: "Pull yourselves together, fellas! We need outta here!"

The sound of multiple footsteps running off are heard. The noises of the city then play to signify they got out.

Chief: "My god...Dey killed 5 men in there...What do we do?"

Clancy: "We stop dem. Let's go, Red Star."

The sound then fades out. The real Clancy speaks.

Clancy: "Ay, sorry for da shorter episode- just a bit of a teaser for da next big one. I think ya will enjoy it!"

Must've been pre recorded...

• Like Like x 3
  11. doggoh

doggoh yec
    ★ Creative Team ★

Ratings:
    +446 / 21 / -14
    putting this back on the "recent" tab because alphas a nerd