1. We've just announced the lore for our newest project! Check it out here: https://forums.cc-revival.com/threads/cc-singularity-lore-reveal.2702/
    Dismiss Notice

[101.2 FM] The Tom Orin Show

Discussion in 'The Outer Limits' started by Harry Dennis, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Harry Dennis

Harry Dennis Newcomer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    (Please do not post replies. Forum DM me your Comments, Criticisms, and Concerns. Thank you)

[​IMG]

FREQUENCY: 101.2 FM

A regular occurrence for quite some time now. Several times each month a signal bounces around the district bringing the robotic voice and bipartisan rants of the station operator to a 12 block radius of housing block B. The signal varies from place to place and is stronger inside some apartment and commercial buildings.

On occasion listeners may contact the station. These will happen in-server at specific times using radio equipment on specific channels. Please do not post thread replies IC or otherwise.

#1 Harry Dennis, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Halo Halo x 1
  2. Harry Dennis

Harry Dennis Newcomer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    (Please do not post replies. Forum DM me your Comments, Criticisms, and Concerns. Thank you)

<:: Hello! The local time is 4:30 AM on February 18th, 2020. You are listening to the Tom Orin show! We know we’ve missed the last few shows but we’ve been working on a Tom Orin exclusive report about a grave conspiracy in our city. We’ve got just enough time here for a quick broadcast.

Listen folks, I know things are bad right now but does anyone REALLY remember what it was like before? The wars, the plagues, aliens laying waste to entire cities, annexation, deportation, and starvation. Sounds pretty bad right? Then the Union came. We’re not blind here at the show and we’re sure not the shills of alien overlords either, but we have to give credit where credit is due - they really saved our asses and things were pretty damn good for awhile so what the fuck happened? People, Folks. Somewhere someone got greedy, they got ideas about how things should be instead of appreciating how things were. Now we’ve got curfews and food shortages when we didn’t before. Blood was spilled leaving neither side without blame, but we at the show still think we can get back to when the Union wasn’t so bad. When they built us up, fed us, and gave a shit.

I’d like to remind all you listeners about the Friday call-in a few weeks from now where you can call in and tell us your thoughts or have us advertise your businesses or products. That’s all we’ve got time for here at the Tom Orin show but we’ll be back soon with that special report.

This is Tom Orin, racking up the fines. ::>

#2 Harry Dennis, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Harry Dennis

Harry Dennis Newcomer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    <:: Hello! The time is 4:15 p.m. local on February 24th and you are listening to the Tom Orin show special report! They don’t want me saying what I’m saying but we know better. They would LOVE if I just dropped dead right now… Right now! Better luck next time. I’m going to get right into it folks. What on earth is going on with the flower shops in this district?

They’ve been in decline for some time and you’d think they’d be BOOMING with all the funerals. Don’t worry citizens I KNOW what's REALLY going on. The corporations with their false flag terrorist buddies cooked up something awful, diabolical, and so devious you never would've believed such a scheme was possible! The big flower conglomerates are buying up all the independent flower shops in the city, Every single one. Just last week Ms. Kravets boarded up Union Flower on the corner of Brooke and Resolution. So what gives? Business should be booming so why close up? What is she hiding you ask? Here's what we found out.

That hag sold out for six figures. Yeah she skipped town! She’s off on some beach somewhere laughing at all of us working joes. Big Flower paid her off and took over the shop so they could use it for Union outlawed genetic testing of their new sunflower and rose hybrids. Why?! What do they need those for, drugs? Who profits, The aliens? What are they hiding behind their fields of sun roses, Spaceships? Rest assured friends Tom Orin will keep digging. That’s all we’ve got time for here at the Tom Orin show, I’d like to remind you about our call-in sessions coming back in a few weeks. Let us do your advertisements, public service announcements, and everything else in-between.

This is Tom Orin, Don’t follow strangers into dark alleys. ::>

#3 Harry Dennis, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Harry Dennis

Harry Dennis Newcomer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

<:: Please enjoy re-runs of our best broadcasts as voted by you. ::>
    <:: Hello! The time is 7:32 AM local April 28th and you are listening to the Tom Orin show! We got some news for you this morning, but first. Lucky numbers 19, 1, 22, 9, 15, 18. Taurus. You find Happiness in your community, do not shy away from it.

We at the show woke up to find that some friends of the people spent the early hours distributing supplies across three districts. We’ve got a genuine Mother Teresa within these walls folks! Details are still coming in but what we know right now is that a handful of unidentified individuals executed a food and medicine distribution operation across three districts targeting the needy neighborhoods. Eyewitnesses report these individuals as unarmed, extremely kind, and evading surveillance. As of the start of this broadcast our saviors whereabouts are unknown. They are presumed to be evading an increased police presence in the affected areas.

Word is the government is aware of the situation and seeking these individuals for questioning. City officials are citing concerns about external food and medicine not meeting state health and safety standards. Unofficially our sources close to the government told the show these individuals are being considered a security risk and are currently wanted for Trespassing, Possession of Contraband, Obstruction of Peace, Breaking and Entering. All this for handing out some bread? Hell. Aren’t our security forces best used keepin’ the crazies from taking over D86 or clearing out the alien infestations? We sure think so.

To our Saviors: Your in our hearts and prayers guys give us a ring we’d love to get an interview.

This is Tom Orin, Thanks for the marble rye. ::>

#4 Harry Dennis, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Harry Dennis

Harry Dennis Newcomer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

<:: Hello! The time is 7:10 local March 1st and you are listening to the Tom Orin show! We got a great show for you this morning, sit back and listen. Lucky numbers 16, 5, 1, 3, 5. Hey to all you Pisces out in the city, watch out for falling objects. For any of our fine listeners that do take a bump to the head the Department of Medicine hired the best nurses in the city so get those cuts and scrapes checked out before they fester.

You all ever see what happens to the districts the auditors disown? Nasty stuff folks. We’re onto something much more sinister. I bet he’s tracking me right now because I broadcast the truth! Couple years ago the lights went out for district 86 and they never came back on. They SAY the district had to pay for their crimes and their lies and their evil ways; I’ve got the TRUTH and here it is. The local auditor up on his IVORY TOWER doesn’t like the same things as you or me. He doesn’t understand the flavors of the common people and he resents us because of this. Nothing wrong with having your own tastes but it makes him blind to the evil of the corporations. It’s the curry powder folks! Those savory and spicy eastern flavors we all love so dear! Regardless of the color of your skin or the place you were born, flavor is the universal language my friends.

See.. What they won’t tell you about D86 is they had some of the best eastern joints on the continent. It was part of some big science experiment the corporations cooked up to see if eastern foods could improve productivity and it worked too well. Spices were everywhere and the people were digging these eastern dishes. The other cities and corporations got jealous and scared of this revelation. They encouraged false flag terrorists to bring the district low and our man the Auditor didn’t need much convincing to rid the city of the spices he hated. D86 became a smoldering ruin and we're not supposed to talk about it anymore. Fuck that! Now don’t get me wrong folks D86 turned into the wild west something had to be done but we should be going after those damned extremists not the people. They say District 86 is the reason we have the AOC now, to keep the bosses in check... Anyways once the dust settled no man or woman has dared to use curry powder in our city since. I’m hungry folks, Hungry for change and butter chicken and I will keep digging.

That’s all we’ve got time for here at the Tom Orin show, I’d like to remind you to call when able, we always love to hear from our listeners and potential sponsors.

This is Tom Orin, Watching the watchers. ::>

• Like Like x 2
    • Halo Halo x 1
  6. Harry Dennis

Harry Dennis Newcomer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    <:: Hello! The time is 12:20 AM local March 25th and you are listening to the Tom Orin show! It’s been a slow news week folks, just bear with us. Lucky numbers 4, 25, 14, 1, 13, 15. Hey to all you Aries out in the city, tell the negative Nellys to fuck off.

You're often asking what we here at the show eat and the answer is we get food donations I like to keep at the office. This is what we have in our food box.. Empty bottle of tea. Nice, thanks guys. One third a can of sour cream and onion chips, yum. A single peanut butter cup, a Hershey bar, and a case of Jolt Cola. Oh and a single bite of a slim jim - who's gonna eat that now? Pigs. After much debate we at the show have voted to leave our pallet of ketchup potato chips in the District 5 Department of Information offices dumpster, we can’t stomach the stuff please stop sending it to us. If anyone wants to leave some cream and - Do you hear that sound? That buzzing? There's BUZZING on my equipment, wake up people! The government goons are hot on my trail and ::> *Metallic racking* <<: I won’t go down easy! You hear that? Hear that? It’s a BZZZZZZZZZ. Burn everything do you You hear it!? ZZZZZZ. Listen to me It sounds like this! ZZZ ZZZZ BZZZZZ! Where.. FUCK OFF! Oh wait *Click*. Sorry guys it’s just our fridge.

This is Tom Orin, enjoy some reruns! ::>

• Like Like x 1